20 years ago. the Man Booker Prize-winning novel The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy was the number one best selling book of the year for our Fanatics members – and 20 years later, her second novel, The Ministry of Utmost Happiness, is once again a bestseller with our members.
As part of Exclusive Books’ celebration of Fanatics, South African readers’ best-loved loyalty programme, we are running a Cryptic Clues Competition on Facebook with a truly exceptional prize: the winner will receive a signed, first edition copy of each of Roy’s novels, as pictured here:
Each week during July we will have two cryptic clues for you to answer. Those who correctly answers all 10 questions will be entered into a ‘sudden death’ round at the end of the month, and will stand the chance to win this most unique and wonderful of prizes, truly befitting 20 years of fanatical reading.
Terms and Conditions:
Please note that while anyone is free to enter, the competition can only be won by a Fanatics member. If you are not yet a Fanatics member you can join in any Exclusive Books store – simply speak to a bookseller – or at EB Online.
Please note that the following Terms and Conditions for Exclusive Books and www.exclusivebooks.com online competitions may vary according to the specific competition and may change from time to time to reflect new policies.
- Prizes may only be claimed by winners who live in South Africa.
- Winners have one month to claim their prizes. If the prize is not claimed, it will go to the runners-up.
- If you have won an www.exclusivebooks.com or Exclusive Books competition within the last 30 days, you will not be eligible for the prize draw.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Exclusive Books reserves the right to change the prize.
- Staff members of Exclusive Books and members of their immediate families are not eligible to win.
- By entering the competition, you agree to receive notification announcing the winner(s), once the draw has been made.
- Competitions are subject to www.exclusivebooks.com’s general Terms and Conditions.