Just in case you need a break between reading books, we’ve put together something to keep you entertained.
We have a local is lekker crossword for you to solve this week! Solve all of the clues and complete the crossword and you could win a R500 voucher. We don’t mind how you do it (e.g. printing it out or saving the image to your PC and using Paint to fill in the words) just have fun and send us a picture of your completed crossword via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to enter. Entries close 6 May and the winner will be notified on 8 May.
2. Sea ____ Summer by Sally Partridge
4. Karabo’s home town in Yellowbone by Ekow Duker
6. J. M. Coetzee’s second Booker Prize winning book
7. The alternative name for Joburg by Lauren Beukes
13. Zakes Mda’s 2015 novel
14. Mohale Mashigo’s protagonist in The Yearning
15. Endings & Beginnings by ____ Tlhabi
1. The Raft by Fred _______
3. Chef Zola Nene’s first cookbook ______ Delicious
5. Who was Born a Crime?
8. Sarah Lotz novel about simultaneous plane crashes
9. Recipes for ____ and Murder by Sally Andrew
10. Nadine Gordimer’s home town/first book setting
11. Fruit tree in Soweto according to Niq Mhlongo
12. The popular _____ series by Dudu Busani-Dube
Right now we are all looking forward to being able to get out and about again. And while we still can’t travel for a while there are some amazing virtual tours available that will allow you to travel safely from the comfort of your couch!
- Visit the with Wild Earth Safaris
- Take a virtual tour of Robben Island with Vusumsi Mcongo
- Check out some amazing artwork at the ABSA Gallery
- Climb up Table Mountain for some breathtaking views
- Visit the Royal Family with a tour of Buckingham Palace (take care not to step on a Corgi!)
- Meet some of the amazing animals living at the London Zoo
- Dive into the live camera feeds at Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Travel to Peru and visit the amazing ancient site of Machu Picchu
As an extra special treat for this week you can click on the image below to register for a once in a lifetime author discussion with John Grisham and Stephen King! Join them live at around 1am local time on Thursday 30 April or check back on the link later in the day for a full recording.
“That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.”
– Jhumpa Lahiri