Just in case you need a break between reading books, we’ve put together something to keep you entertained.
We have another word search for you to puzzle over this week! Search through the letters to find the correct Romance author names. We don’t mind how you do it (e.g. printing it out or saving the image to your PC and using Paint to highlight the words) just have fun and send us a picture of your completed word search to email@example.com to see if you got them right.
We have some more exciting author events to share with you:
Join Kate Nicholls, author of Under the Camelthorn Tree, for a live webinar on 27 May at 18:00 as Kate shares her insights on remaining productive and keeping a positive mindset while avoiding procrastination. You can get your tickets to this webinar here.
You can also join Phumlani Pikoli in conversation with Dr Sithembile Mbete for the virtual launch of Born Freeloaders on 19 May at 13:00. Just click on the image below to register.
Here are some romantic ideas for couples to enjoy together at home:
- Have a “dinner date” themed three course meal, you can cook it together or treat your other half (either way they already chose you so all you have to do is enjoy the meal together!)
- Have a candle lit picnic in the garden (or the lounge if you don’t have an outdoor space)
- Have a full on pamper/spa night with massages, scented baths and as much luxury as your bathroom can handle
We also have some fun ideas for families to keep busy together:
- Build a fort (because no matter how old you are, building a fort is just good fun)
- Host a family drive in movie – if you are lucky enough to own a projector you can turn your garage door into a movie screen and hop in the car with your family and some popcorn (or just pop a laptop/iPad onto the dashboard) for an epic movie night
- Knit a blanket together and donate it to a charity
And something for everyone to enjoy:
- Learn some of the basics of one of our local languages for free with Unisa
- Learn South African Sign Language with this amazing online course by the National Institute for the Deaf
- Visit Disney Land with one of these amazing virtual tours of their many theme parks
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway